Being a Developer does not require that you have good Technical and Protocol skills alone these days.
First of all you need to master many Technologies, that are best fit to support the Business scenario’s and requirements.
Technologies in a Windows Environment are piling up each year.
You should know what is :
– WPF Windows Presentation Foundation
– MCF Windows Communication Foundation
– WWF Windows Workflow Foundation
– WIF Windows Identity Framework
– WMF Windows Management Framework
– WSE Web Service Enhancements
– WEF Windows Entity Framework
Depending if the requirement is a Client Side application or a Web Based Server Side Business Solution.
You would need to pick either one of them or even a mix of both.
You would at least need to learn what CLR (Common Runtime Language) is. And what is IL- CLR- CTS-CLS-and-GIT.
Maybe a bit too much all together for scripters.
But let’s have a quick overview of which kind of Technologies we can pick from.
.NET (versions 1 to 4.x) versus Java(Script)
– .Net Framework
* Assemblies / Classes / Objects
* .Net Reflection (late binding)
* .Net Reflection.EMIT ?
* Model View Controller (MV)
Most of these Technologies you can access using smart Scripting Techniques.
I am trying to give some examples on in this Blog whenever possible.
Bottom line is that in this ever changing IT world keeping up and learning new Technologies is a necessity.
For some amongst us this is fun for others this is a real challenge 🙂