Recently I got an Error Event ID 25 and the System State backup failed!
Event ID 25 : …Shadow Copy Storage could not grow in time…
Use this command vssadmin list shadowstorage /for=D:
It showed some storage limitations for the VSS on the D: drive.
Also check the Backup Logs: %windir%\logs\WindowsServerBackup
Opening the last log I see that there are no errors and the log suddenly stops …
I checked the settings and indead there was a limitation set…
So I changed it to unlimited and solved
But make sure that you have enough disk capacity before you set it to unlimited !!
Because it can grow fast !
In case this does not work you can use these alternatives :
The following command on the host in order to place the shadow copy on another disk; drive letters need to be changed accordingly:
vssadmin add shadowstorage /For=D: /On=E: /MaxSize=UNBOUNDED
vssadmin resize shadowstorage /For=D: /On=E: /MaxSize=UNBOUNDED
Or you can modify the System Performance by Adjusting the Page File to 1.5 times the amount of RAM:
- Open System in Control Panel.
- On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
- On the Advanced tab, under Virtual memory, click Change.
- Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
- Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, and type a new paging file size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, and then click Set.
This will have only an effect after a REBOOT !