Getting Virtualbox installed on a Windows 7 x64 was not that easy ?
Especially this version 4.3.26
I saw similar issues relating to earlier versions as well on the net.
Here are the fixes :
1st issue was running the installer that ended up in an error, and next did a ‘complete rollback’ in the installed files
To fix it follow these steps:
- Uninstall Any Virtual Box Network Adaptors from Device Manager
- Go into the registry at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Network
- Change “MaxFilters” from 8 to 20 (decimal)”
- Reboot your PC (I don’t think this is needed but can’t hurt)
- Install VirtualBox 4.3.X (Run as Administrator)
After this change the installation ran just fine.
Once installed I got an other error when launching the VM.
Error STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND 0xc0000034
First run this command : sc.exe query vboxdrv
If you see that it can’t find the vboxdrv driver, you need to check this registry key :
Check the ImagePath key, and make sure it holds this value
If not change it and run this command as Administrator :
sc start vboxdrv
Once the service is RUNNING all is working fine