If you are running a Windows Server 2008 you are missing this crucial PS tool to help you manage your Hyper-V machines.
It was not so easy to first find the proper Hyper-V PS Modules and secondly to get them installed.
1. Download the Hyper-V module
from Codeplex http://PShyperV.codeplex.com
It is a bit strange that MS does not distribute the Module officially. But it does the job well so go ahead.
2. Set-ExecutionPolicy to RemoteSigned
But make sure you open the PS command with elevated credentials !
3. Check the policy Get-ExecutionPolicy
Check that the Execution Policy was initialized correctly.
4. DO NOT RUN the install bat files !
Because this will install Powershell and some more features on your windows 2008r2 server.
Instead just use the module from where you extracted it
Import-Module “C:\Temp\HyperV\HyperV.psd1” or different directory where you placed the files from the zip.
5. Test it against your live Hyper-V environment.