When starting to automate the QlikView client you can use AutoIt or Powershell as a client application to run against local or remote server documents
This QlikView application is a guide to the QlikView 11 Automation Interface and the QlikViewOCX API.
The Automation Interface part is intended to serve as an interactive guide to the QlikView Automation API.
– The Object Model sheet provides a simplified model of the API that shows the Class hierarchy.
– The Members sheet contains information on all classes and members in the Automation interface.
– The Examples sheet offers VBscript code examples for a specified class and member.
– The Help sheet contains some explanations on some of the sheet objects in the main sheet and their contents.
The OCX API part is intended to serve as an interactive complement to the QlikViewOCX SDK documentation, which is available as PDF on the QlikViewOCX SDK CD.
– The sheet contains information on all QlikViewOCX specific API members with code examples in VB, C# and VC++.
But what you need is of course knowledge of the QV Object model
You can get this COM API documentation here : http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2640
In this nice QVW file you can find lot’s in interesting information, Help AND +1800 Examples.
This is how they pulled it together
Here is an Example using AutoIT